Friday, December 6, 2013

EPCOT: Teppan Edo

I was really excited to make the reservation at Teppan Edo, I love Japanese steakhouses and Hibachi. I went with two of my friends before Illuminations through Epcot to Japan to give this place a shot! The people were very gracious because I messed up the reservation time and they still got us placed at a table.  I have to say after sitting down and looking at the menu I was immediately disappointed, unlike the average Japanese steakhouses I have been to the meals at Teppan do not come with soup or salad.
We did end up ordering a couple appetizers, I ordered the Miso Soup, and one of my friends ordered the Crispy Sakuyaki beef roll. The beef roll was delicious I don't have a picture of that sadly, but I do have the soup!
The soup was phenomenal. I had never had a Miso soup before and I was a little nervous about trying it, but it was delicious! I would go back and just order this soup!
When it comes to the entrĂ©e I ordered the Nihonbashi, which is steak and chicken which comes with Vegetables, udon noodles, and steamed rice. Naturally being a Japanese steak house the chef came out and started cooking. I was again disappointed because they didn't light the grill on fire, or anything on fire at all. 
The vegetables were standard, onions and zucchini. I was sad that there weren't any mushrooms but they serve them with the steak I learned.
The noodles were good, standard noodles with butter and soy sauce, I always add extra soy sauce though! Gotta love that Soy Sauce!
I always order my steak medium to medium rare, especially in Japanese steak houses because they have a tendency to over cook the meat. I have to say 

What did I think?: I wasn't impressed with the flavors. It was very under seasoned and just standard. I   don't know what I was expecting, but being Disney and super authentic I was hoping for something amazing and delicious. Honestly aside from the soup nothing here was special. It was fairly evenly priced with other Japanese steakhouses that I have been too, and I was impressed by that, but considering that you get less and pay the same rate, it's just not worth it.
If you want really good japanese steakhouse I recommend going off property to Benihana's. There is one within 10 miles Disney property, and you just get more for your money and the food tastes better, but reservations are advised for both. 
If you do make the excursion to Teppan Edo give that Miso soup a try! It was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment