Tuesday, December 31, 2013

DCP: I lost my key!

If you're on your program, or getting ready to start it this bit of advise can be helpful if this ever happens to you.
I left my apartment early to venture to Magic Kingdom before heading over to work at the Polynesian. After spending several hours in Magic Kingdom I was grabbing a drink and snack on my way back to the monorail when i realized that my key had vanished my it's holder. I couldn't remember what exactly they told us the replacement fee was for keys and it kind of set me into a panic, that combined with the fact that I wouldn't get off work until 12:30 long after the housing office was closed. The first thing I did was text my roommate and ask her if she would be up or what her work hours were that day. Her hours clashed with mine but thankfully she was willing to leave her key under the mat so I could get in without having to pound on the door. Now I do want to say what a risk that could have been, during the housing meeting they strictly tell us that giving your apartment key to anyone even someone who lives in the same apartment can lead to termination on the spot. Now of course you have to be caught for that to happen, but it is still an important rule to follow so keep that in mind. 
I made it into the housing office the next morning to get a replacement key and I was surprised when it only cost $3 or $4. I was ready for a $50 fee but the lady assured me that it happens all the time and that  while they encourage everyone to keep track of their keys and not lose them, but also not to panic when it comes up missing.  It was really nice that she was so kind and understanding because I had panicked a little. 
So for you current and future CP's out there, don't panic! And for a little bit of advise have a chat with your roommates about a procedure to follow if someone does lose their key afters office hours or if they lock themselves out of the apartment. Just having a small plan because it really could happen to anyone at anytime.

An ending note to this I never returned my key after I left, it's still on my ring by complete accident! But now I can't bring myself to take it off. 

1 comment:

  1. Our locksmiths are highly reliable and credible, all licensed and trained to be at your service. You no longer have to worry about scams! locksmith training

    ReplyDelete